Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Redesign of ID Model


My instructional model is learner based. I think the more steps the better because you can always delete steps if they are not needed, but it is hard to figure out what step you missed if it is not in a planned model. After I assess the need for training, I then consider goals and objectives of the training. If possible, consulting other interested members (team) if not research to find empirical or expert information/instructions. Next, it is a good idea to analyze the learners because it may make a big difference it course design due to age range, subject matter, or reason for the training/course. The preceding is the basic information (frame) needed for the design. Then, with the frame in place, I would begin to develop the course, keeping in mind the goals and objectives, and try to build in assessments for monitoring throughout the course. Next, I would assess the learner success in the course and gage the learner and course outcome. Finally, I would revise or improve the course if needed. From beginning to end, team, associate, or learner input would always be welcomed and appreciated.
This model fits well into my present work environment and I think especially works well for adult learners.



1 comment:

  1. I too see the learner centered model as the most effective. We all learn best by engaging or interacting with content and others.

    ReplyDelete